22 July 2021

Welcome to the Counselor's Desk


I've been a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in New York State since 2000, and over the years my clients have struggled to understand why people (including themselves) act the way they do.

Most people wonder the same thing.

So, I will do my best to make some sense out of human behavior as I understand it in the [duh.] "Understanding Human Behavior" posts.

In my job, I'm frequently asked what I would do if I was in the client's shoes.  Of course, in counseling we never give our opinions--we help the client figure out solutions on their own.  But in this blog, I present a no-holds-barred approach to solving problems in the "Advice" posts.

In the spirit of helping people become the best version of themselves, I will address the building blocks of good character--what I call "Positive Attributes."

When the topic of mental health makes the news in one form or another, I will provide my honest take in the "Media Buzz" posts. 

Occasionally I will defer to people who are much more knowledgeable than I and will present their wisdom in the "Expert Advice" posts.

If you have questions, please email me at possonrm@sunysccc.edu and you might get them answered on this blog.

Thanks for stopping by my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Counselor's Desk

Welcome to the Counselor's Desk

I've been a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in New York State since 2000, and over the years my clients have struggled to understand wh...